Thursday, September 17, 2026

Eight Values of Free Expression

Eight Values of Free Expression

Based on the Eight Values of Free Expression the ones that resonated with me the most are Stable Change and Protect Dissent. They felt the most important to me because they didn't just connect to politics and the. government, but also my everyday life. I'm sure some would say the same about some of the other values but these ones felt personal to me. 

Based on the definition of Stable Change it mentions the word "Vent". That really stuck to me and made it easier for me to understand Stable Change. The way I view Stable Change is that if someone feels a certain way if they just vent it out it could stop them from getting violet. 

The example I have for this is if my sister and I are arguing and I'm just so incredibly frustrated with her, I'll just vent to my mom so it stops me from exploding. right after venting I instantly feel so much better and can approach the situation in a calm manor, where as if I didn't vent I may have gotten into a huge fight with her which doesn't help anyone in that situation. You can apply this to anything you do, I think thats why Stable Change stood out to me a lot because this is truly something that affects you daily. 

Now I don't know if this could work all the time, but most of the time I believe it could, depending on the person no. Do I believe that when people break the law if they just vented out the issue they wouldn't do these bad things? Yes. But I think that when someone is planning on committing a violent act their set on it, so it would be hard to stop them, not impossible though. 

Now when it comes to Protect Dissent I believe this might be one of the most important Eight Value's of Free Expression. The right to disagree with people is probably the most important thing anyone could have. There are a lot of things I say that people most definitely don't agree with but it's my opinion and I have the right to say how I feel. 

Especially in todays date our country is so divided and I don't think thats because we have different opinions, I think its because people don't like that other people don't have the same opinions as them, and thats were the problem comes from. The fact that people now take a personal offense when you feel differently then them is insane. Everyone has the right to Free Speech and no when should be judged for that. 

We as people are so lucky to be able to disagree with the government because in other countries that's not the case, but we also need to understand that if someone feels differently than you thats okay. We are all people at the same time and are allowed to say how we feel. 

Overall The Eight Value's of Expression are very important and something that everyone should know. They connect to the real world and are probably something you use everyday without realizing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Antiwar

  After looking at both Antiwar and The American Conservative, I noticed something interesting. There are a lot of people who disagree with ...